Exercise and sport is beneficial to people of all ages. People who lead an active lifestyle are less likely to develop serious diseases. Exercise makes you fitter and improves your general well being. And it is important that everyone gets active.
There are many different methods to stay active
- Join a local health club
- Enrol with a sports club eg: soccer/ tennis/ running club
- Brisk walking
- Fitness workouts at home
By incorporating physical activity into your daily life as well as healthy eating, you will experience positive health benefits and be on the path for a better future.
Benefits of exercise and fitness
- Prevent chronic diseases such as heart disease, cancer, and stroke.
- Control weight
- Make your muscles stronger
- Promote strong bone, muscle, and joint development
- Condition heart and lungs
- Build overall strength and endurance
- Improve sleep
- Relieve stress
- Increase your chances of living longer
When you are not physically active, you are more at risk for
- High blood pressure
- High blood cholesterol
- Type 2 diabetes
- Heart disease
Where to start
Fitness workouts can be very scary if you a beginner, that’s why you start off very slow with some basic exercises to accustom the body to these new changes. Small changes can deliver big results in the future and prevents any injuries.
In order to achieve your goal you need to plan ahead and take it one day at a time
- Plan and decide what type of fitness you would like to do, join a club or gym. Or simply just plan your route if you decide to walk/run in your area.
- Research what you would require for the specific sport you have chosen, eg: if you choose running, then you require proper running shoes to support your joints.
- Set out time- plan your workouts like an important appointment, you would not like to miss it, so choose a time to exercise that you are guaranteed to make.
- Set a goals, either keep track of your weight or keep track on your fitness improvement, eg: if you started with 5 chin-ups, after two weeks try to achieve 6 to 7 chin-ups.
Different fitness programs
- Summer workout
- Chair Pilates
- Stretch and flow
- Golfer size
- Hip flexibility
- ULC- up/low/core